"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in it's various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." I Peter 4: 10-11


Dear Reader- This Blog started in February of 2011 and the pages are numbered. Please begin reading on Page One and continue from there. As you move down the path of the pages it is my hope that scripture astounds you and God, Himself, is revealed.

Scripture confirms that if you acknowledge God as God and draw close to His truths He will draw close to you! As you get to know God through scripture you will begin to see Him work in your life AND hear Him speak to your heart. It is not an audible voice but an inner one-that will change your life on earth...and beyond!

To walk a little deeper each page has a song recommendation that deepens the spiritual lesson. Each song has been specifically chosen and holds a message that should not be missed. If there is not a link to the song on the page, it is recommended that you use iTunes, YouTube or another source to download these songs so that you can move deeper into spiritual truths that the song writers and musicians have creatively written about- for your blessing and God's glory!

Saturday, May 13, 2023

Signs and Wonders PAGE 124


“It is through my union with Jesus Christ
that I enjoy an enthusiasm and confidence
in my ministry for God.
And I will not be presumptuous to speak of anything
except what Christ has accomplished through me.

For many non-Jewish people are coming into faith’s obedience
by the power of the Spirit of God,
which is displayed through mighty signs and amazing wonders,
both in word and deed.”
Romans 15:17-18

The scripture above, tells us that the Power of the Spirit of God is displayed through signs and wonders, by word and deed. With earth spinning in its current state, we wonder if God actually shows up in such bold ways.  To find out, we can choose to look at life from the perspective of watching for God’s signs and wonders. The more we do this the more we will see what God can do.

The Holy Spirit shows up in our lives in many ways.  When I receive a confirmation regarding big or small things in life, my first instinct is to notice it quickly and then thank the Lord for it. Confirmations are a gift from the Holy Spirit. He is saying, “I am with you.”  When I bump into things that seem ironic, I instantly understand that it was not irony but alignment created by the Living God showing up in specific ways to guide me.  I receive it for what it is; the presence of the Holy Spirit once again saying, “I am with you”.  

Signs are indicators.  There lead us.  Wonders can be things that give us pause or things that ask us to stand in awe.  God can be found inside these types of scenarios.  It is an amazing time in life when we begin to see God Almighty draw close to us in this way.  It can be a small blessing, an encouragement, an answered prayer, a moment of peace, a piece of clarity, a joyful ah-ha moment, a huge display of favor, or a small but new understanding.  Within these types of things, God’s friendship begins to grow within us and we know that we are cared for in a profound way.  

Here is my recent example: the other day I had listened to an interview regarding end- times prophesy and the speaker spoke of the ‘falling away’ that is referenced in scripture, regarding people leaving their faith behind during end-times.  This concerned me.  I was trying to understand how or why this would happen. Within just a few minutes a good friend texted me a scripture that said,

 “Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away
and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence
without a single fault.”
Jude 1:23 NLT 

To tell you the truth, I was shocked. This was a sign and wonder. This one scripture instantly told me that God, Himself, was going to attend to me and that I would be found without one single fault.  For a girl who struggles with fears, I was so surprised how quickly my query was answered through the deed of my sweet friend, who just happened upon that scripture and decided to send it to me. She didn’t have a sign that her text would usher an ah-ha moment into my day and clear up a huge doubt, but it certainly did.  It was a spiritual moment, a God thing; a sign and a wonder. 

It is such a gift to be close to God in Spirit and in truth.  When we make it a point to seek spiritual things we cannot help but find them.  May this encourage you to open your heart and mind to God’s signs and wonders.  In doing so you will be assured and comforted, blessed and loved in a way that you’ve never experienced before.  

Song Recommendation:
So Will I
By: Hillsong United

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfVd5x9W1Xc


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful words of encouragement. Love Mama

    ReplyDelete