"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in it's various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." I Peter 4: 10-11


Dear Reader- This Blog started in February of 2011 and the pages are numbered. Please begin reading on Page One and continue from there. As you move down the path of the pages it is my hope that scripture astounds you and God, Himself, is revealed.

Scripture confirms that if you acknowledge God as God and draw close to His truths He will draw close to you! As you get to know God through scripture you will begin to see Him work in your life AND hear Him speak to your heart. It is not an audible voice but an inner one-that will change your life on earth...and beyond!

To walk a little deeper each page has a song recommendation that deepens the spiritual lesson. Each song has been specifically chosen and holds a message that should not be missed. If there is not a link to the song on the page, it is recommended that you use iTunes, YouTube or another source to download these songs so that you can move deeper into spiritual truths that the song writers and musicians have creatively written about- for your blessing and God's glory!

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

You Haven't Missed A Step: PAGE 120

 

As with most of my writings, I post this page as a reminder to myself-
and especially to those whose hope feels lost to the unimaginable.
May we all find a revelation today!
“Lord, make it so!”

___________________________________

While reading this morning, I came upon a piercing proclamation, which stated, “You haven’t missed a step”.  I really took this to heart because it was a pivotal piece of information I’ve been waiting for. This is profound news for all of us who find ourselves in a place of uncertainty. We wandering Christians can trust this statement because we believe in a sovereign God who pays attention to details. We just forget sometimes!

Due to said forgetfulness, we are prone to ask the opposite question:  Did I miss something?  I’ve been asking myself this question as well as others such as “What did I overlook, fail to do or even fail to believe that landed me in my current state”. My circumstance is different than yours but we’ve all found ourselves in a place where we’ve asked searching questions, even if just inwardly, as we desperately look for an answer or just some understanding about our current issue.  

Here, in the middle of my life, I’d hit a wall.  My personal journey has always been based on faith in God and propelled by the belief in a sovereign God. But recently, I’d come to a place where I felt I’d missed something important; the sustainability of my faith had come to a place filled with inner conflict and I began to doubt.  Today’s good news, that I have not missed a step, stopped me in my tracks and gave me comfort.  It allowed me to sidestep doubt and keep moving forward in faith. I realigned myself with the fact that my life has great purpose and chose to step back into the provision and protection of God's sovereignty.  

As God would have it, on this very day, I have come to an important realization; Not everything is in my control.  If it were, I’d be God, Himself. For those of us who are desperate for some form of control....my advice is this; surrender your tender heart and troubled mind to the One who sustains our very existence. Do I realize that to do so will feel contrary and heartbreaking? Oh, YES I do!  I know this by recalling the lack of control I felt when I watched one of my best friends bury her teenaged son and the years it took her to find a way to live without him.  I can look to my long-time friend who has been in a wheel-chair for over 22 years and say I get that some things are infuriating to accept. I can pour tears of heartbreak and loss over my sister and not one but two brothers, and their wives, who lost a child and confess I know this pain well.  This world can dish out vengeance and our courageous self wants to rise up and fight to the gates of death, battling to outwit these outrageous situations. To NOT do so could inevitably keep us in a position where we'd never rise again. 

But, like the events above, what can we actually do if we find ourselves in mind-bending circumstances that are out of our control?  The only insight I have found is that we must surrender any idea of control over these types of circumstances to a power beyond us. Sometimes we have to admit we’ve reached the limits of our personal power and in doing so we free ourselves to step straight into the supernatural. I had a personal moment with God during the loss of one of my nephews where the Holy Spirit led my brother and then myself to the scripture in Isaiah 43:13 that states “yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act who can reverse it.” THAT is profound and spoken with true authority that is completely sovereign! Pause for moment and think about that! 

 In times like this and with no other choice we surrender to God.  With all other hope extinguished we seek The Lord.  With nothing else to battle with we fall to our knees and admit we are powerless as we turn to the supernatural abilities of God. The Commander of an Army of Angels meets us in THIS place.  It is not a visible meeting but a spiritual one that brings with it a battle plan.  It is not with tangible tools we gain some understanding but with intangible things such as faith, hope, trust and prayer.  It is not with great courage but with bravery to admit we are frightened that we do such things.  

I say to you, “Open up you Living Gateways” (see 2 Corinthians 6:11-13).  Make room for the ultimate control you are looking for.  Your greatest and best hopes cannot rise above the unimaginable dreams God has for you.  Do not be dismayed, for "The Lord your God is with you; He is a mighty warrior who saves" Zephaniah 3:17 He is your Creator, your Father, your Redeemer, your Healer, your very present help in times of trouble. Place your hope and your literal life into the hands of God, for He is Spirit and it is within the sovereignty of His Sanctuary that you will "live, move and have your being".

"The commander of the Lord's army said to Joshua,
'Take off your sandals from your feet
for the place where you are standing is holy.'
Joshua 5:15

"God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble."
Psalm 46:1

"For in him we live move and have our being."
Acts 17:28

"God is spirit, and his worshipers must 
worship in Spirit and truth."
John 4:24

Song Recommendation:
This is a Move
BY:  Brandan Lake & Tasha Cobbs



No comments:

Post a Comment