"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in it's various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." I Peter 4: 10-11


Dear Reader- This Blog started in February of 2011 and the pages are numbered. Please begin reading on Page One and continue from there. As you move down the path of the pages it is my hope that scripture astounds you and God, Himself, is revealed.

Scripture confirms that if you acknowledge God as God and draw close to His truths He will draw close to you! As you get to know God through scripture you will begin to see Him work in your life AND hear Him speak to your heart. It is not an audible voice but an inner one-that will change your life on earth...and beyond!

To walk a little deeper each page has a song recommendation that deepens the spiritual lesson. Each song has been specifically chosen and holds a message that should not be missed. If there is not a link to the song on the page, it is recommended that you use iTunes, YouTube or another source to download these songs so that you can move deeper into spiritual truths that the song writers and musicians have creatively written about- for your blessing and God's glory!

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

It Is I Who Call You By Your Name: PG 96



“I will give you the treasures of darkness
and the hoards in secret places,
that you may know that it is I, the Lord,
The God of Israel 
who call you by your name” _______  .
Isaiah 45:3

I discovered this scripture in a Bible study I was doing several years ago.  I wrote in the margin of the study what I surmised the scripture meant-as follows:

“To me this means that God will go into our dark,
self-destructive places and will call our name.
He makes his relationship with us personal.”

In order to see how God makes his relationship with us personal I even wrote my name at the bottom of the scripture in my study book.  Go back up and re-read the scripture and say your name at the very end- by filling in the blank.   Doesn’t this change the ancient verse into something striking?

 It’s as if you can hear the Lord telling you that He is calling you by name.  Indeed, He is! 

This particular Bible Study came into my life at the most opportune time. I had just exhibited a public display of anger and was devastated about it.  Not only had I embarrassed myself but also put my child in a position of losing out on something that was important to her- at that time.  The life-lesson that followed was timely and much needed -but I truly could have lived without those pesky consequences.  

In order to learn from our epic failures we must be willing to go through the humbling pain of growth. Otherwise, we fall into a dark place where bitterness multiplies and unforgiveness festers; nothing good comes from either of these two vile things. The Lord uses all things for our good...and it just so happened I had a trip planned to Baton Rouge for a visit with my parents.  I arrived in the evening and was nursing my wounds-as this “epic fail” happened the day before I was to travel.  It was a God-send of a trip because I needed to be around those who love me unconditionally. 

I arrive at my parent’s home, walk in and my mom is sitting in her favorite place at the end of the island, studying the Bible.  This random Bible study was just sitting there-unused; I picked it up and asked if it was a good study.  My mom said that it was and that I could have that work book as she had used another for her study-time.   I was thrilled knowing that there is always tons of wisdom to be found in Beth Moore Study. This one was entitled Sacred Secrets.  I found the title apropos because bitterness in my heart had been my sacred secret and the catalyst of my current predicament. I remember praying as I walked down the hall that God would show me something, anything that would help me, in my time of need!   

I sat down in my room and desperately flipped open the work book.  Graciously, the very first thing I read, on a random page, was the following:

“Therefore, I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven—
for she loved much.  But he who is forgiven little, loves little.” 
Luke 7:47

I was absolutely floored! Truly, I had spoken out of sheer love for my child but my bitterness and anger where wrong! I needed someone to tell me I was forgiven and that it would be ok.  I was full of sorrow-because I had hurt my child.  I had hurt myself by dropping all caution to the wind and speaking my mind in the most ungodly way.  I could not bear this horrible feeling of devastation and the Lord knew exactly what I needed to hear! 

I could have searched the universe for healing and/or spent years looking high and low for some words of wisdom to soothe my soul; but, all I had to do was turn to the most godly person I know, my mom, and she freely handed me a book that held the one scripture I needed most in the entire written Word AND in the entire World!  It was the most straight-to-the-point scripture and spoke right-to-the-heart of my pain with such direct meaning that I knew it came soaring into my life from the Throne-room of merciful God.  

He did give me treasures in the darkness and hoards of forgiveness in the secret places of my being.  Like the scripture in Isaiah says and as I can confirm- this was a Word from the Lord, God who (ok-let’s bullet-point this part):
·     Called my name
·     Said that He knew what I did and why
·     Stated that I was forgiven. 

Total understanding and compassion-in 2 sentences!  This was SO personal! Sitting there in the glow of my room with forgiveness just handed to me, so intimately, I was set free.  As I wrote inside those study pages all those years ago- God choses to make His relationship with us personal! I also wrote: “Lord, it’s as if you stepped out of heaven to care for me during this difficult time”.  As evidenced, God’s wisdom and mercy transcend space and time.    

For years, I’ve had another scripture posted in my office.  It is something I pray often and I believe the Lord honors my constant stance of prayer.  It says: 

Lord, we do not know what to do
But our eyes are upon you.”
II Chronicles 20:12

My eyes are ever on the horizon.  May this be your constant prayer and faithful stance as well!

RvH

Important Note:  The song below is so poignant that you must listen to it for a straight to the heart lesson on what God does for all of us!  Yes and Amen!

Song Recommendation:
Deliverance








No comments:

Post a Comment