"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in it's various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." I Peter 4: 10-11


Dear Reader- This Blog started in February of 2011 and the pages are numbered. Please begin reading on Page One and continue from there. As you move down the path of the pages it is my hope that scripture astounds you and God, Himself, is revealed.

Scripture confirms that if you acknowledge God as God and draw close to His truths He will draw close to you! As you get to know God through scripture you will begin to see Him work in your life AND hear Him speak to your heart. It is not an audible voice but an inner one-that will change your life on earth...and beyond!

To walk a little deeper each page has a song recommendation that deepens the spiritual lesson. Each song has been specifically chosen and holds a message that should not be missed. If there is not a link to the song on the page, it is recommended that you use iTunes, YouTube or another source to download these songs so that you can move deeper into spiritual truths that the song writers and musicians have creatively written about- for your blessing and God's glory!

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

I Am an Image-Bearer Page 89

There are a generation of us that were disciplined using fear as a punishment to teach us not to misbehave or disobey.  In that fear-based discipline, the God-honoring teachable moment was missed and many of us grew up with insecurities that led to rebellion…and sin.  

I can write about this because I was one such Rebel-who grew up with deeply conflicting ideas about myself, my worth, how to deal with anxiety, and what to do with rising emotions inside that I was required to habitually stuff down lest I became disobedient, shut down lest I became disrespectful, and hide away lest I looked undisciplined.  In the shadows of time, I became frightened of the shape I was in… and lost myself! 

I was a little girl with a tender heart who grew into a discerning woman…. but the earthly road I took to find my worth led me to many dead-ends. "Navigation lost" is applicable here! The worth I needed could not be found inside this world-for believe me, I looked all over this planet for the one missing treasure that many of us are living without.  

What exactly is this treasure? 

Godly Understanding!

My human emotions deeply conflicted me and I was missing mature understanding:  of my parents, of myself, of others and of God!  Through years of searching for wisdom, I learned that personal, mental sabotage makes our lives more complicated than necessary; applying wisdom is a life-choice!  If we're honest, we fumble through our daily emotions not realizing  that we could and should have come to the end of those years ago; I now understand that emotions do not satisfy.  We flounder through relationships bantering back and forth with others- wondering why we chose to play on an emotional see-saw. Surely, we should ALL  tire of that form of play.  Gratefully, I now understand that my loved ones cannot and will not supply my worth!   

What I’m going on about is this:  We can loiter in the shadows of emotional pain and fear wondering what is wrong…. or we can simplify our lives by reasoning out and registering what the true battle is about.  All our life’s questions can be simplified and identified with Godly Understanding!

Here is my summary: We are NOT emotional beings! We are image bearers of a spiritual God!  Our erratic emotions are an earthly, behavioral habit that we tend to confuse with truth. If this weren’t so we would not constantly find ourselves knee-deep in relational problems or neck-deep in the pit of personal struggles! My mind, my body, my heart, my spirit, and all that is comprised within those, is a carbon-copy of the creator-with access to light and truth! My vision, my brain-power, my hopes and dreams are all formed to be attuned to our Invisible God and then navigated as true Image-Bearer. We find this truth in the origin of creation:

“So God created man in his own image,
In the image of God he created him;
Male and female he created them.
Genesis 1:27

When I silenced my emotions and began to read scripture and pray, I discovered my worth within the whispers of my prayers to the Lord, God! I found that my life could be redeemed and that my restoration was in the formidable grace of Christ-called forgiveness!  I found that life’s meaning was in the written Word of scripture-which is God’s voice and God, Himself. I found the genesis of what I was to become on earth by peering into God’s account of creation and finding His original intent for man and woman; and for me; I AM an image-bearer!

 God simply and miraculously created each of us to be His Image-bearers! It's a high-calling that opens doors of wisdom & opportunity, peace & happiness, prosperity & guidance! This knowledge and understanding empowers, inspires and changes everything!  

Song Recommendation:
Defender
By:  Gateway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE1uEkWHHcI

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the LORD,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

"Through wisdom a house is built
and by understanding it is established;
Through knowledge its rooms are filled
with rare and beautiful treasures."
Proverb 24: 3-4

"God is Spirit
so those who worship him
must worship in spirit and in truth."
John 4:24 NLT

"Do you not know that
you are God's temple
and that God's Spirit dwells in you?"
1st Corinthians 3:16 ESV

"In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God."
John 1:1 KJV



No comments:

Post a Comment