"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in it's various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." I Peter 4: 10-11


Dear Reader- This Blog started in February of 2011 and the pages are numbered. Please begin reading on Page One and continue from there. As you move down the path of the pages it is my hope that scripture astounds you and God, Himself, is revealed.

Scripture confirms that if you acknowledge God as God and draw close to His truths He will draw close to you! As you get to know God through scripture you will begin to see Him work in your life AND hear Him speak to your heart. It is not an audible voice but an inner one-that will change your life on earth...and beyond!

To walk a little deeper each page has a song recommendation that deepens the spiritual lesson. Each song has been specifically chosen and holds a message that should not be missed. If there is not a link to the song on the page, it is recommended that you use iTunes, YouTube or another source to download these songs so that you can move deeper into spiritual truths that the song writers and musicians have creatively written about- for your blessing and God's glory!

Monday, June 25, 2018

UNVEILED MINDS PAGE 82


The NIV footnotes for 2 Corinthians 3:18 say this:

By gazing at the nature of God
with unveiled minds, we can be more like Him.”

As a writer, I’d edit that and add this:
 With unveiled minds we can SEE more of Him!

Here are some of my personal examples:

One morning, years ago, I woke up to find hundreds of tiny Ladybugs covering a huge north-facing window in my kitchen.  I was shocked because I’d never seen so many at once.  From my childhood experience, ladybugs were usually discovered one-at-a-time, perhaps on the grass or a flower.  Someone told me they travel on the wind.  That is fascinating to me!  

Not long ago, I sat on the front step of my home watching my doggy explore the cul-de-sac and out of nowhere a humming bird buzzed by me and swung around to hover about a foot from my face.  Time stood still as we studied each other.  As he flitted this way and that the sound of his wings intrigued me.  He was SO CLOSE! I was absolutely shocked that he remained near me for so long.  All the sudden he turned and was gone.  Out of curiosity, I looked up the meaning of a humming bird visit. This particular article stated that a humming bird visit represents harmony and infinity.  I decided to receive his visit and that explanation as a Gift from my infinite, God. 

This past Christmas, the moon rose on our living room windows and filled our home with light.  It was a powerful sight that caused me to stand still in awe!  The moonrise is a common occurrence that should never be taken for granted.

These scenarios from nature are just a few examples from my daily life.  Each of these occurrences have ushered The Living Lord into my presence because I chose to see something spiritual through the natural, with an unveiled mind! The premise that “it’s all in how you see it” is applicable here.  The Lord will show up in nature and, indeed, scripture tells us that nature is His Voice.

Sometimes the Lord approaches us through the back door of irony! Sometimes with a majestic, front porch view of nature.  One thing I do know is that it takes an open mind and a receptive spirit to comprehend God.

“Now the Lord is the Spirit,
and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory,
 are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory,
 which comes from the Lord
 who is the Spirit.”

  2 Corinthians 3:17-18



Song Recommendation:
Your Spirit
By:  Tasha Cobbs Leonard






No comments:

Post a Comment