"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in it's various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." I Peter 4: 10-11


Dear Reader- This Blog started in February of 2011 and the pages are numbered. Please begin reading on Page One and continue from there. As you move down the path of the pages it is my hope that scripture astounds you and God, Himself, is revealed.

Scripture confirms that if you acknowledge God as God and draw close to His truths He will draw close to you! As you get to know God through scripture you will begin to see Him work in your life AND hear Him speak to your heart. It is not an audible voice but an inner one-that will change your life on earth...and beyond!

To walk a little deeper each page has a song recommendation that deepens the spiritual lesson. Each song has been specifically chosen and holds a message that should not be missed. If there is not a link to the song on the page, it is recommended that you use iTunes, YouTube or another source to download these songs so that you can move deeper into spiritual truths that the song writers and musicians have creatively written about- for your blessing and God's glory!

Monday, May 11, 2015

I'm Changed! Page 47


 God, though you're invisible-
 your eye's pierce my heart as if your sword tore open my chest.
I can't see you…. but my soul knows you're near.

 I know you're compassionate Lord...
yet, I can't loosen the grip that holds this pain so close.
 I wrap myself in it causing constant and purposed torture.

My eyes are down-cast; I can't lift my head, so test me O' Lord and search my heart - for only you can bare to see what keeps itself deep in the recesses of that chamber. 

Lord God, you're invisible….but I know you're near.
This purposed conflict-that is consuming me-was ordained by you and you understand it well.

Tears tell me the revelation of truth will be arriving soon and I'm waiting.
You're waiting too…. waiting for me to lift my head so that you can tell me all you need to- as I seek your face. 

Your Word and my heart tell me that I need to change….
but my mind is telling me that I don't deserve such a simple resolution.

Lord, I'm seeking you….and I know you're near…
for I'm in desperate need for the peace that comes with surrender.

My heartbeat will steady and my mind will turn quiet
 and this bottomless pit of shame will begin to fill with your mercy.
My self-torture will end and then I'll be ready!

You will allow this to be over and I will find the courage to look up and see hope-for the end of shame brings forth nothing else but that. 

You are compassionate Lord…for how else could I make amends with myself…and accept the forgiveness that gives me underserved peace.

Lord, you're near….for I couldn't have worked this out on my own.
Though you're invisible… your presence is so powerful that I couldn't deny
your request.

I accept the revelation of your grace for there simply was no other way. 
You say I am forgiven!   I finally release my burdens and whisper  "Thank God, I am changed!"

RvH
Song Recommendation
Changed
By:  Rascal Flatts


No comments:

Post a Comment