"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in it's various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." I Peter 4: 10-11


Dear Reader- This Blog started in February of 2011 and the pages are numbered. Please begin reading on Page One and continue from there. As you move down the path of the pages it is my hope that scripture astounds you and God, Himself, is revealed.

Scripture confirms that if you acknowledge God as God and draw close to His truths He will draw close to you! As you get to know God through scripture you will begin to see Him work in your life AND hear Him speak to your heart. It is not an audible voice but an inner one-that will change your life on earth...and beyond!

To walk a little deeper each page has a song recommendation that deepens the spiritual lesson. Each song has been specifically chosen and holds a message that should not be missed. If there is not a link to the song on the page, it is recommended that you use iTunes, YouTube or another source to download these songs so that you can move deeper into spiritual truths that the song writers and musicians have creatively written about- for your blessing and God's glory!

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Breath of Heaven Page 36


Breath of Heaven

Several years ago I was reading a book about the different names of God.  Jehovah Jirah is one of my favorites- It means ‘The Lord our Provider’.  We can call upon God using very specific names and therefore draw closer to Him in a more intimate way.  We reveal our heart’s greatest needs when we appeal to God by calling upon Him in a very specific way.   Here are a few of God’s names:

El Elyon:  El Ely-OWN- God most high, creator and possessor of all things. (The boss)
El Shaddai:  El Shad DA –All sufficient, all powerful, keeper of promises
Jehovah Rophi:  RO fee- the Healer
Jehovah Makkeh:   MA keh-The God who smites
Jehoah Nissi:  NEE see- the lord our Banner, the intercessor
Jehovah Tsebaioth:  Se baw OT – The lord of Hosts
Jehovah Shalom:  Shaw LOME – the Lord of Peace
Jehovah Tsidkenu:  Sid KAY noo- the Lord our Righteousness
Jehovah Shammah:  SHAW mah- the Lord is there; I see Christ in that person
Jehovah Rohi:  RO he- The Lord My shepard;  His very near and eternal presence
His name is Immanuel:  God with us; Jesus
His name is Forgiveness:  God who pardons
His name is Intercessor:  the God who maintains our peace

*A name I recently discovered is Jehovah Elohim: The God who can create something out of nothing.  With everything going on in my life…this is quickly becoming one of my favorites. 
Anyway…during the time that I was studying about God’s names I prayed and asked God to reveal one of His names to me; one that would give me a deeper understanding as to who He was in my life.  I wanted God to reveal something specific about my relationship with Him and His with me.  Soon after this prayer I started hearing and reading God’s names in various places…but the first one that came to me was Breath of Heaven.   This descriptive was an answered prayer…and it was a WOW moment- particularly because it was such a beautifully poetic name.

 Different ways of understanding this revelation of God started coming to my mind. One is the precious smell of my own children’s breath.  When I’m snuggling close with them and they turn to speak to me I feel the warmth of their breath-this makes me want to pull them closer and hold them tighter. This closeness brings the warmth of their breath into my very soul.  It’s life…literally their life touching mine.  To be that physically close there has to be a true love and desire to be that close.  When you say Breath of Heaven it is FULL of meaning.  It speaks of God’s life-force, His words….God as an intimate being.  It reminds me that He literally breathed life into all living things: 



"The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life,
and the man became a living being."
Genesis 2:7

God wants to have a close relationship with us!  He created life and He is our very breath. As a Christian we should draw close to our Creator-not hold Him at a distance because we don’t know or understand how to have a relationship with him.  One obvious way to begin a relationship with God is to take the time to be astounded at His creation.  When you put some thought into the power and vastness of the universe, the placement of earth as it hurdles through space….does this not give you pause?  Surely we can say “El Elyon, you are amazing”.  Allow this to be your starting point.  God will draw close to you when you draw close to Him (James 4:8).  Allow the Creator of the Universe to have a relationship with you - for though He created vastness of space and time He is also an intimate God who created us for the distinct purpose of having a relationship with Him!  Open yourself up to the spiritual truth that there is a God in heaven that literally is the Breath of all things.  Fill your lungs with the truth of this.  Breath it all in.  
RvH 

Song Recommendation:
Your Great Name

BY:  Natalie Grant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PasbQx0VilQ





No comments:

Post a Comment