"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in it's various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." I Peter 4: 10-11


Dear Reader- This Blog started in February of 2011 and the pages are numbered. Please begin reading on Page One and continue from there. As you move down the path of the pages it is my hope that scripture astounds you and God, Himself, is revealed.

Scripture confirms that if you acknowledge God as God and draw close to His truths He will draw close to you! As you get to know God through scripture you will begin to see Him work in your life AND hear Him speak to your heart. It is not an audible voice but an inner one-that will change your life on earth...and beyond!

To walk a little deeper each page has a song recommendation that deepens the spiritual lesson. Each song has been specifically chosen and holds a message that should not be missed. If there is not a link to the song on the page, it is recommended that you use iTunes, YouTube or another source to download these songs so that you can move deeper into spiritual truths that the song writers and musicians have creatively written about- for your blessing and God's glory!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bothering the Judge! Page 18

Read Luke 18: 1-8

As we move further down the path of these pages it is my purpose to continue to share what God  has done in my life and in doing so….show you how to look for God’s presence in your own.  With these writings it is my goal to move us both out beyond the fog that clouds our vision and impedes the panoramic view of God’s blessings-those gifts of answered prayer, His protection…His best.  I have consistently found that God blesses us in quite unexpected ways; with that said…we should wake up each day expecting the unexpected.  That feeling of “expectation” sharpens our minds and creates an inner excitement that makes each day worth getting up for!

In previous pages I’ve written how God can reach down and save us from deep waters of circumstance.  The following excerpt from my life is an example of that.  I’ve previously written about the fact that my husband and I faced the challenge of closing a business.  There are years-worth of pages I plan to write- with high hopes of revealing God’s majesty and power and, in contrast, His humanity and compassion with which He takes care of those He loves.  I’ve written, out of context, about some of my encounters with God and His word; but the one below is the most profound.

These actual events are a pure, black-and-white lesson from God Himself as He visibly worked within the circumstances of one the most trying times of my life.  This is a literal example of how God speaks to us through Scripture.   May your spiritual eyes see it…may your growing faith perceive it….and may your faithful heart believe it…. as you read and gain a glimpse of God’s mighty hand at work!

Bothering the Judge: 

The Waters of Circumstance:

 About a year ago, my husband and I went through a major life-change when we closed our business.  To be honest, opening that business was as well…but that is another story!  Anyway…to add to this unfortunate circumstance, the attorney we selected was unwilling to fully understand our case due to his business philosophy and, in my opinion, lack of due-diligence.  The line of communication was blatantly closed very early in our business relationship and due to that our best interest was not on the radar.  Because we paid-in-advance we continued to try to work with him to reach a resolution and win financial protection from the Courts.  Obviously, we are between a rock and a hard place!  Even more than when closing our business, we walked, completely blind, through great turmoil because of the weak attorney-client relationship.  Hindsight, it is clearly evident, that through these precise circumstances, God taught us a mighty spiritual lesson which required that we navigate through deep, dark waters of circumstance, where faith was our only light. 

The Courts:

 Without getting too in-depth, we filed a case seeking legal protection from the courts after closing our business…AND, in turn, the Court filed a Motion-to-Dismiss our case-which would leave us with no legal protection against financial ruin.  With this motion pending, our attorney advised, many times, that we allow the courts to dismiss our case; but this would leave us unprotected financially and the legal ramifications would still be sitting before us.  We had a court date of Feb  7th, where we could present our case and hope for the best.  We felt our odds in court were 50/50 and presenting our case was better than just allowing it to be dismissed.   We had been praying fervently…and were simply not on the same page with our attorney.  We wanted to go to court…but he firmly advised us not to and was adamant that if we did, we would not win. 

The waters of circumstance were overwhelming; we were battling waves of uncertainty.  We needed a second opinion! So, on Thursday Jan 13th, we went and met with another attorney in a different county and sought his advice.  We were desperately looking for Plan B regarding legal and financial protection.  This  attorney looked over our documents in-depth,  was confident that there was room for revision and a positive outcome  and advised us  to go back to our attorney, insist that  he revise our filing and that we should be able to “go to court” and win our case.  This was a double-edged sword.  It was good news on one hand…we had a chance.  It was bad news on the other because we would have to face our attorney and ask him to revise our filing.  This is a bold move for anyone but that very day we summoned the courage and did just this. 

God’s voice through scripture:  Later that day, my mom called and asked how our meeting went.  She told me that she was “bothering the judge” on our behalf.  I was unfamiliar with this scripture, which is in Luke 18: 1-8.  She explained that “bothering the judge” referenced a parable in the bible where a widow kept persistently bothering the judge asking for justice from her adversaries.  The judge, as to not be bothered by her again, granted her appeal.  I smiled, knowing my mother as I do, and told her that I appreciated her persistent (and precise) prayers and moved on with my day.  I sat down to do a bible study and was looking up a scripture and incidentally came upon Isaiah 41:21 which says

“Present your case” says the Lord.  “Set forth your arguments” says Jacob’s King.

Wow!  Biblical legal advice twice in one day (about petitioning a judge no less)!  Usually when God reveals something so specific I am amazed…but I had begun to question how to hear from the Lord!   To be honest, I was weary and my faith was floundering.  Instead of finding this profound…I took it in—very cautiously.

God’s Voice of Persistence:  On Sunday, Jan 16th, three days later, we attended church and, lo and behold, the pastor used the parable in Luke 18: 1-8 as a reference on prayer.  Of course, it was about the widow bothering the judge.  My mouth fell open.  Again I was reminded that “the Judge granted the widow’s plea because of her persistence”!   Ok, so God had my attention…I knew He was telling me something very specific.

Again….God’s Voice of Consistence:  On Jan 19th- 3 days later, I sat to do my bible study and, as usual, read the daily devotional in my favorite book Streams in the Desert.   That exact scripture was the reference point of the devotional:  Luke 18:1 “Jesus told his disciples…that they should always pray and not give up”.   To be redundant…the “bothering the judge” parable follows in verses 2-8.   I was actually shocked on this day… and became acutely aware that “ GOD IS SPEAKING TO ME”.   I was willing to admit that God was all over this issue!  I perked up….I was ready to battle my adversaries again!!  

Know what you pray:  Mind you, that with each passing hour I knew that the day of reckoning was coming and that I would be required to stand before God and the judge and ask for relief from our adversaries.  My mind was never free from this intimidating fact….so my only recourse was to pray!   On Jan 26th, I did just that and asked that God would draw close to me and that I would be empowered with the ability to hear clearly, see clearly and discern clearly the Voice of God. 

God’s Hand at Work:  On Jan 27th, a day later, we received a call from our attorney and he stated he had good news…we were making head-way with the Trustee of the Court.  They had changed our court date to March 7th…and needed more information regarding our business and the lease.   This call was clear alright!  Our attorney had changed his tune; he was optimistic!  He is now working on our behalf....AND was the Court’s Trustee for that matter.  I was fully aware that Persistent prayer had changed our course and black and white Scripture had given us direction.  We stepped out in faith.  We stayed the course.  We listened to God’s voice instead of our attorney’s advice (quite frankly).  As we stood neck-deep in the murky waters of circumstance, God began to work on our behalf.  His work was obvious….and if you read the quote from Isaiah 41:21 out-loud…God’s voice is actually audible for it IS a quote after all!

“Present your case” says the Lord.
 “Set forth your arguments” says Jacob’s King.

With enthusiasm….I emailed these details to my Bible Study Class because we were studying Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer and this was the exact lesson that was being taught.  The timing was amazing! I wanted to share how I was hearing God’s voice through scripture and how my current experience was proving the lesson to be precise; succinct.  Here is part of that email: 

Just as Discerning the Voice of God, teaches:   God is Persistent and works for us in a very personal way.   God gave me a literal directive:  “BOTHER THE JUDGE”.    He was extremely persistent with His message….and clearly personal with His directive.  This battle is still raging for us…but we are not battling alone!!  I would be blessed if you’d be a prayer warrior along-side me…as my husband and I move forward to Bother the Judge on March 7th, 2011.  Please know that we’ve confessed that no matter what the outcome that day…we know we’re in God’s will…and He will provide everything we need.    I hope that this encourages you…and stands as an example to the truth of what we are studying….and to the fact that God speaks to us through scripture!  He knows our needs and answers our prayers. He is a God of mercy.  May God receive the Glory!!!  My heart is open…and my eyes are on the horizon….Rain Down Victory!!!!  Rain down!”

The day after I sent this email to my classmates….the earth shifted (metaphorically…..)!  Here is that email to my classmates sharing the amazing news…..again, one day later no less!

“I have AMAZING, AMAZING, GOD-FEARING, ON-THE-WATCHTOWER NEWS!!! I received a phone call from our attorney this morning around 8:15 AM.  He told me that he had talked to our Trustee and the Trustee said that he didn't want any more documents...he was tired of our case...and that he was lifting the Motion to Dismiss!!!!  Those are the exact words!!!!!  (just like the parable).” 

To the blog reader:

There is a biblical tie-in to the fact that it took 3 times for me to recognize that God was speaking to me.  If you read I Samuel Chapter 3 you will see that God also called Samuel's name three times before he knew to say "Speak Lord, for your servant is listening". 
God walked with me through these trying circumstances, spoke to me, three times no less,  through black & white scripture, gave me specific direction and it all played out…..Just like the Parable!  We were planning to go to court….BUT, instead, God granted us relief from our adversaries!  Is that not fascinating?  Is that not profound?  Is that not beyond ironic?  THAT, my friend, IS THE VOICE AND HAND OF GOD!

 He is persistent! He is specific and clearly personal.

Want to have God’s power, love and protection in your life?  Get to know Him!  Draw close this His word, depend on Him at all times….and trust that He will work it out for your good. Believe in scripture.  Trust the truth of it!  Wait on the Lord….and He will renew your strength!  He will indeed reach down and draw you out of deep waters.  Why is that, you may ask?  The most simplistic reason of all….because He cares for you! 

I Peter 5:7
“Cast all your anxiety on Him for He cares for you”.


Song Recommendation:
Even If
BY: MercyMe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6fA35Ved-Y




No comments:

Post a Comment