"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in it's various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." I Peter 4: 10-11


Dear Reader- This Blog started in February of 2011 and the pages are numbered. Please begin reading on Page One and continue from there. As you move down the path of the pages it is my hope that scripture astounds you and God, Himself, is revealed.

Scripture confirms that if you acknowledge God as God and draw close to His truths He will draw close to you! As you get to know God through scripture you will begin to see Him work in your life AND hear Him speak to your heart. It is not an audible voice but an inner one-that will change your life on earth...and beyond!

To walk a little deeper each page has a song recommendation that deepens the spiritual lesson. Each song has been specifically chosen and holds a message that should not be missed. If there is not a link to the song on the page, it is recommended that you use iTunes, YouTube or another source to download these songs so that you can move deeper into spiritual truths that the song writers and musicians have creatively written about- for your blessing and God's glory!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Holy Silence Page17


 “God was speaking and moving.  

He always is-even in His Silence”.1

Journal entry January 2011:    Lord, as I look back through my journal …. it is amazing to see you at work in my life.  I repeat often that you “are working in the unseen realm on my behalf”.  That is me clinging to my faith; however, looking back through these writings, your Hand-at-work is INCREDIBLY VISIBLE.
They say that hindsight is 20/20...and my journaling proves this to be true.  I face each day using my faith as a map to travel forward…but looking back I literally see a spiritual map from you.  I see your wisdom at work as you encourage my faith.  I see profound truths and your mercy just over-flowing.  It’s interesting that for a long while now I’ve felt as if I wasn’t growing spiritually and that my heart was held at bay—unable to feel your presence.  I pondered the quiet distance from you that has persisted in my life of late.  I am confident that this has been a time in which you were requiring me to stand on that faith I claimed I had. …yet…it was concerning, this quietness.
As I look back over the pages of my journal… I see you!!!  Over these particular months I thought there was a spiritual distance between us…but have discovered that it was actually a Holy Silence.  With Great purpose the silence has persisted…and with great lessons you’ve filled my journal.  I’ve been slowed down by the silence so that you could re-generate my faith.  This silence presented itself so that I would quiet my fierce heart enough to admit you must take care of my concerns…because I can’t. 
Holy Silence gives us a phenomenal opportunity to draw close to You, Lord…that is if we see the silence as holy.  I mistakenly thought I had lost my faith…my grip on you…but as the saying goes…I'm not holding on to you…you are holding on to me (like a father holds on to his precious child).  What grace!  What mercy!  What love! 
The Lesson for the reader: 
 You may be pondering the phrase Holy Silence! 
Scripture says in Habakkuk 2:20:

The Lord is in His Holy Tabernacle;
 let the earth be silent before him!” 

 Ponder the literal meaning of that scripture and THAT is Holy silence.
   Revelation 8:1 says…
“…there was silence in heaven for about half an hour”.

 THAT  is Holy Silence. 
 There are times when we experience a silence in our Christian life and attribute it as spiritual distance.  In reality, this silence, full of inaudible power,  can be a personal gift from God-- full of great opportunity to dig deeper into His word and stand on steadfast faith.  It may even encourage us to approach the Throne of Grace and surrender EVERYTHING.   They say that silence is Golden…I say it is Holy. 
There is nothing as honorable and noble than to sit silently with a loved one while they grieve or weep.  Words are of no avail.  The same is true of God.  At times He sits quietly beside us while our hearts just over-flow.  No words are necessary at this time.  His presense is all that's needed.  Silence is the gift of love.

Song Recommendation:
Oh Holy Place
By:  Cece Winans


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ8_LM2Osx8


1- Discerning the Voice of God By Priscilla Shirer    

No comments:

Post a Comment