"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in it's various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." I Peter 4: 10-11


Dear Reader- This Blog started in February of 2011 and the pages are numbered. Please begin reading on Page One and continue from there. As you move down the path of the pages it is my hope that scripture astounds you and God, Himself, is revealed.

Scripture confirms that if you acknowledge God as God and draw close to His truths He will draw close to you! As you get to know God through scripture you will begin to see Him work in your life AND hear Him speak to your heart. It is not an audible voice but an inner one-that will change your life on earth...and beyond!

To walk a little deeper each page has a song recommendation that deepens the spiritual lesson. Each song has been specifically chosen and holds a message that should not be missed. If there is not a link to the song on the page, it is recommended that you use iTunes, YouTube or another source to download these songs so that you can move deeper into spiritual truths that the song writers and musicians have creatively written about- for your blessing and God's glory!

Monday, February 21, 2011

The Road Less Traveled Page 1



Whether you turn to the right or left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 
"This is the way; walk in it".
ISAIAH 30:21

I grew up on a gravel road in south Louisiana. There are many things I remember about that road--being  that I walked up and down it every day venturing off to school or to a friend's.  I remember how the gravel path would hurt my feet when I walked barefoot (which was often).  I remember how the dirt would rise up in a furious cloud when my mom would arrive home in the afternoons and when she left for work in the mornings.  My Dad thought this was funny.  He'd say something like "there she blows" as the dirt slowly settled back to earth. 

Over time the gravel would get spewed to the right or left and eventually the pathway to our home became just a dirt road with a few rocks here and there. I remember in the dead of summer, with no rain for weeks, the dirt would become like fine baby powder and I'd sink my feet into it as if enjoying the luxury of a spa treatment.  To a little girl in south Louisiana-it was.  On the contrary, I remember making many a treacherous race down that road trying beat the rain home due to a mysterious, dark thunderstorm blowing in off the gulf coast. I'd end up with a brusied foot now and again because of a stray rock and laugh through the pain under the protection of the carport--as the rain poured down from heaven.  This dirt road led the way to many a journey in my life...full of trials, twists and turns, joyful successes and bitter-sweet losses.  But the one thing it did consistantly was lead me home!

This story begins an electronic journey I've decided to call Dirt Road Revelations!  You see, all of us travel a dirt road--spiritually that is.  The path of faith we travel will eventually and inevitably lead us home but until then...we must walk with the Lord down many paths--some straight, some crooked..all of them narrow.  As we walk life's road...we must endure the rocky paths that hurt and bruise us... and must endure the down pours in life that chase us across rugged terrain.  We must run with endurance as the storm clouds of circumstance blow in out of no where... and we simply must chose to enjoy the dirt under our feet that feels like a luxury but is actually just dirt.

Some of you may not agree with my comparison that our Spiritual Walk is like that of a dirt road.  Would we not all agree that a dirt road is certainly a path less taken?  Robert Frost wrote "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference".  I would like to challenge you to chose the path that many simply do not to take.  You are now standing at a cross-roads with two choices afoot.   The easy path beckons you to follow it --for it will take you just about any where you want to go.  The path less taken calls us to a more purposed journey. Have you ever ventured down the path toward Spiritual Growth? If so, then let's walk deeper still.  If not, then let's walk together down this lovely dirt road with great anticipation--for on it I am confident God will lead us to green pastures, living waters, and amazing revelations about Himself and life.  "This is the way; walk in it".


Song Recommendation
Can't Live a Day
By:  Avalon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGCQnwn2hIQ

2 comments:

  1. Love it. so happy to hear from you on this format!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,
    There is a beauty, depth, pain, faith and light in your writings. I am enjoying getting to know you through your writings.

    Thank you for sharing yourself with me.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete