"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in it's various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." I Peter 4: 10-11


Dear Reader- This Blog started in February of 2011 and the pages are numbered. Please begin reading on Page One and continue from there. As you move down the path of the pages it is my hope that scripture astounds you and God, Himself, is revealed.

Scripture confirms that if you acknowledge God as God and draw close to His truths He will draw close to you! As you get to know God through scripture you will begin to see Him work in your life AND hear Him speak to your heart. It is not an audible voice but an inner one-that will change your life on earth...and beyond!

To walk a little deeper each page has a song recommendation that deepens the spiritual lesson. Each song has been specifically chosen and holds a message that should not be missed. If there is not a link to the song on the page, it is recommended that you use iTunes, YouTube or another source to download these songs so that you can move deeper into spiritual truths that the song writers and musicians have creatively written about- for your blessing and God's glory!

Friday, March 12, 2021

The Sanctuary: Page 112


"But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
and in His law he meditates day and night"
Psalm 1:2

Today, I tried mediation for the first time in my life.  Please know, that the Bible does mention the practice of meditation, as the scripture above states, so don’t freak out on this concept.  As for me personally, I’ve meditated on scripture and I’ve meditated in prayer, seeking answers or direction.  But, today I literally mediated in a spiritual and traditional sense, with a friend, using an online APP to guide us. Of course, we are both Christians and were seeking The Spirit of God as we mediated but I have to say, I was amazed at the spiritual place I arrived.  


Following the speaker's voice as our guide, we began with steadying our breathing and quieting our minds. We were told to envision a light all around us so, I followed my mind’s eye, or spirit into God’s light.  Simultaneously, I pulled scriptures to mind that related to the guide's directives.  One of the scriptures I used was “God is spirit and those who worship him must worship in Spirit and in truth.” John 4:24. Another scripture I used was “For we are a living temple of the living God” 2nd Corinthians 6:14.

As that scripture came to mind, I envisioned the aforementioned light, that was mentally all around me, expand out and upward and then, amazingly, found myself standing in a light-filled Sanctuary. I sensed total quiet. I envisioned God walking next to me, in the form of Jesus, while pure light radiated inside the tall, soaring ceilings of this beautiful, holy place.  In that moment I knew that no matter where I walked on earth I would always be in this spiritual sanctuary, living in the presence of God. 

This spiritual experience allowed me to expand the indwelling of the Lord, so much so, until what was inside me could be seen outside of me and I found myself walking with the Lord. Isn’t this the calling for each of us? What happened for me spiritually, during meditation, is what we are called to, in that God’s beauty exudes out of the sanctuary within us.  This was the closest I’ve ever come to having a visual understanding of the spiritual teaching of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (See Ephesians 3:16-21).

I’m blown away at the spiritual lesson this mediation brought to me.  I will forever have this visual to assist me as I represent Christ in this world and walk as his ambassador (See 2nd Corinthians 5:20).  Perhaps we all need to envision a beautiful Cathedral that creatively sits inside us wherein the Lord dwells. It is my prayer that The Sanctuary of God’s Presence presents itself to you as well.  

Lord, Make it so!

Song Recommendation:
For Your Glory
By: Tasha Cobbs Leonard



 


No comments:

Post a Comment