"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in it's various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." I Peter 4: 10-11


Dear Reader- This Blog started in February of 2011 and the pages are numbered. Please begin reading on Page One and continue from there. As you move down the path of the pages it is my hope that scripture astounds you and God, Himself, is revealed.

Scripture confirms that if you acknowledge God as God and draw close to His truths He will draw close to you! As you get to know God through scripture you will begin to see Him work in your life AND hear Him speak to your heart. It is not an audible voice but an inner one-that will change your life on earth...and beyond!

To walk a little deeper each page has a song recommendation that deepens the spiritual lesson. Each song has been specifically chosen and holds a message that should not be missed. If there is not a link to the song on the page, it is recommended that you use iTunes, YouTube or another source to download these songs so that you can move deeper into spiritual truths that the song writers and musicians have creatively written about- for your blessing and God's glory!

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

The Counsel of the Lord: PAGE 109



“The counsel of the Lord stands forever,
The plans of his heart from generation to generation.”
Psalm 33:11

In quiet reflection let's cast our mind's eye to past generations in remembrance our family and friends that are no longer with us. It is comforting to know that the counsel of the Lord was present and available when they walked the paths of this earth. 

Let's also envision the future and imagine the next generation of loved ones that will bring important meaning into our lives.  It is amazing that the Lord’s plans will unfold and His presence and Word will be with them also. Now, bring your thoughts back to here & now: Past, present and future are accounted for in the Scripture above that tells us that the plans of the Lord flow through all generations. Yeshua’s heart, the heart of God, is present in all circumstances and His plans stand firm, forever.  Not mine and not yours. His!

To elaborate: One morning, while sincerely worrying about this world's current problems, "Psalm 33:11" popped into my minds eye, out of the blue. I had no idea what the scripture actually said but what I did know was that I was living inside anxiety about our country's current condition.  You see, my emotions had gotten away from me regarding the events that are still unfolding in front of our eyes. I began to perpetually worry about what is happening to my society, my government, my generation and consequently, my life! I was living outside any form of control and frantically wanted to know what my future held on planet earth. 

Through Psalm 33:11, God, set me straight and boldly told me that these concerns are not mine to carry. The fears of my heart needed to be settled with the truth that the plans of God's heart will be carried out in this generation, as well as the next. God let me know that the weight of the world is too much for me to carry and that I could not worry enough for the entire planet.   As a word of comfort....neither can you. 

That day, I needed clarity. I was gazing back and forth from our current circumstances to past generations remembering the literal world wars that had taken place in the name of this thing we call Freedom! I wondered if we, as a people, were doomed to repeat the past.  Knowing that I needed a wake-up call, God graciously, literally and spiritually did just that. He woke me up to His truth found within that one pivotal scripture and simply said “My Word is firm: The heart of my plan flows through this generation...and the next, and the next.  I’ve got this.”  Well, that is my interpretation of Psalm 33:11.

Truthfully, I had to step into faith to just look up this verse but, when I did, I knew that the message was strategically timed, purposely delivered and specifically for me. Through this scripture, the weight of the world was taken off my shoulders and I was truly relieved. Here are additional scriptures from Psalm 33 that give us a more complete understanding of who is in control:

Verses 4-5:
 “For the word of the Lord is right,
And all his work is trustworthy.
He loves righteousness and justice;
The earth is full of the Lord’s unfailing love.


Verses 6-9:
 The heavens were made by the word of the Lord,
And all the stars by the breath of his mouth.
He gathers the water of the sea into jars;
He puts the deep into storehouses.
Let the whole earth fear the Lord;
Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
For he spoke, and it came into being;
He commanded, and it came into existence.”

Psalm 33: 10 & 11
 (The message from the Lord to me that morning)
The Lord frustrates the counsel of the nations;
He thwarts the plans of the peoples.
The counsel of the Lord stands forever;
The plans of his heart from generation to generation.”
(emphasis mine)

(This is a message to the citizens of the World)
“Happy is the nation whose God is the Lord
The people he has chosen to be his own possession!
The Lord looks down from heaven;
He observes everyone.
He gazes on all the inhabitants of the earth
from his dwelling place.
He forms the hearts of them all;
He considers all their works.”

Verses 18-22
“But look, the Lord keeps his eye on those who fear him—
Those who depend on his faithful love
to rescue them from death 
and to keep them alive in famine.
We wait for the Lord;
He is our help and shield.
For our hearts rejoice in him
Because we trust in his holy name.
May your faithful love rest on us, Lord,
For we put our hope in you.”
Yes and Amen!

Song Recommendation:
Yeshua
BY:  Jesus Image Worship



“Yours is the kingdom. Yours is the power.
Yours is the glory forever, Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment