"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in it's various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." I Peter 4: 10-11


Dear Reader- This Blog started in February of 2011 and the pages are numbered. Please begin reading on Page One and continue from there. As you move down the path of the pages it is my hope that scripture astounds you and God, Himself, is revealed.

Scripture confirms that if you acknowledge God as God and draw close to His truths He will draw close to you! As you get to know God through scripture you will begin to see Him work in your life AND hear Him speak to your heart. It is not an audible voice but an inner one-that will change your life on earth...and beyond!

To walk a little deeper each page has a song recommendation that deepens the spiritual lesson. Each song has been specifically chosen and holds a message that should not be missed. If there is not a link to the song on the page, it is recommended that you use iTunes, YouTube or another source to download these songs so that you can move deeper into spiritual truths that the song writers and musicians have creatively written about- for your blessing and God's glory!

Thursday, August 14, 2014

"Mercy Lord"! Page 43

The sun flickered through the car window reminding me of its incredible life-giving warmth and even more so- the power of its creator!  I began to pray!  I was seeking mercy from the Lord… for Death was approaching.  How many of us actually know that!  Unfortunately, some of us have that distinct knowledge! 

A family I know was about to turn off the ventilator to a loved one who had suffered a stroke.  It felt odd to me that I knew this.  I watched the clock and saw time ticking!  There was about 10 minutes till that fateful action would take place. I felt compelled to do something about this eternally relevant piece of information. The gates of heaven were literally about to open.  This was not going to be visible to me but I was floored.  It seemed so vast and incredible!  You see, I actually try to remain mindful of the fact that the mechanisms of the spiritual realm are in movement even though we cannot see them!  Lord!  Lord! “ I called out for that was the only thing I could do!  It was my honor!    

This world can bring us to our knees…and at times we may even  find ourselves flat on our face!  What then???  I recall another time Death claimed someone I knew!  Again, the only thing I could whisper as I watched his family suffer was “mercy”!  It’s such a small word but delivers such a huge request!  I still don’t fully realize what mercy is or what it does… but it is my deepest hope that it brings relief and that it is a sacred gift for those who are suffering! 

Matt Chandler wrote:


"Trials are God's way of revealing to us,
 out of HIS mercy,
our desperate need for HIM,
 and our lack of control
and our lack of ability
to manipulate our environment for our own good!

For God to give you a thorn in the flesh,
or for Him to free up your hands from the myth of control,
 to show you how dependent you are on Him,
is one of the most merciful things He could do"

To apply this to our lives we must realize….

We cannot control this world or our destiny…only love through it.
We cannot control others or demand justice and mercy-only give it.
We cannot find perfection here- only live with grace as a salve.
We cannot take on other’s reflections-only mirror love instead.

RvH


For my friend, Rene



Song Recommendation:
In Christ Alone
BY:  Brian Littrell



“Yet I am writing you a new command,
its truth is seen in him and you because the darkness is passing
and the true light is already shining!”
I John 2:8




No comments:

Post a Comment