"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in it's various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." I Peter 4: 10-11


Dear Reader- This Blog started in February of 2011 and the pages are numbered. Please begin reading on Page One and continue from there. As you move down the path of the pages it is my hope that scripture astounds you and God, Himself, is revealed.

Scripture confirms that if you acknowledge God as God and draw close to His truths He will draw close to you! As you get to know God through scripture you will begin to see Him work in your life AND hear Him speak to your heart. It is not an audible voice but an inner one-that will change your life on earth...and beyond!

To walk a little deeper each page has a song recommendation that deepens the spiritual lesson. Each song has been specifically chosen and holds a message that should not be missed. If there is not a link to the song on the page, it is recommended that you use iTunes, YouTube or another source to download these songs so that you can move deeper into spiritual truths that the song writers and musicians have creatively written about- for your blessing and God's glory!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bibilical Definition of Love Page 31






Scriptural understanding and definition of love:

Based on
I Corinthians 13: 1-7
The Message Bible


“If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don’t love,
I’m nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.”

Point of verse:
Without an outward display of love the sound of my words are meaningless!





“If I speak God’s Word with power,
revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day,
and If I have faith that says to a mountain, “jump”, and it jumps,
but I don’t love, I am nothing.”


Point of verse:
Even if I understand the Bible and have great conviction and powerful faith….without love it means nothing!



“If I give everything I own to the poor
and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr,
but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere.”


Point of verse:

If I give up everything, even my life,
but don’t love- then my principles do not matter.




"So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do,
I’m bankrupt without love.”


Point of verse:
My words, my faith and my actions count for nothing and
absolutely add up to nothing
if I don't understand and show love.




*Scriptural Definition of love from The Message Bible:

“Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head.
Doesn’t force itself on others.
Isn’t always “me first”.
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel.
(Love) Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth.
Puts up with anything.
Trusts God always.
Always looks for the best.
Never looks back….but keeps going to the end.”

*With this definition of love....ask yourself the crucial question:

"Do I love?"

Red ink summary:


Without an outward display of love the sound of my words are meaningless. Even if I understand the Bible and have great conviction and powerful faith....without love it means nothing. If I give up everything, even my life, but don't love-then my principles do not matter. My words, my faith and my actions count for nothing and absolutely add up to nothing if I don't understand and show love.






*Song Recommendation:
The Proof of Your Love
By:  For King and Country
*DO NOT miss this song!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-2dKOfbC9c

 

No comments:

Post a Comment