"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in it's various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." I Peter 4: 10-11


Dear Reader- This Blog started in February of 2011 and the pages are numbered. Please begin reading on Page One and continue from there. As you move down the path of the pages it is my hope that scripture astounds you and God, Himself, is revealed.

Scripture confirms that if you acknowledge God as God and draw close to His truths He will draw close to you! As you get to know God through scripture you will begin to see Him work in your life AND hear Him speak to your heart. It is not an audible voice but an inner one-that will change your life on earth...and beyond!

To walk a little deeper each page has a song recommendation that deepens the spiritual lesson. Each song has been specifically chosen and holds a message that should not be missed. If there is not a link to the song on the page, it is recommended that you use iTunes, YouTube or another source to download these songs so that you can move deeper into spiritual truths that the song writers and musicians have creatively written about- for your blessing and God's glory!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Our Rescue! Page 11

“He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.”
Psalm 18:19
This verse drops us into the safety of open space as it visually leads us into a spacious place.  But, to fully appreciate our current locale, we must first read the fire and brimstone  rescue by the Lord himself , as described in verses 4 -15: 
“The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
 The cords of the grave coiled around me;
the snares of death confronted me.
In my distress I called to the Lord:
I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came before him, into his ears.
The earth trembled and quaked,
and the foundations of the mountains shook;
they trembled because He was angry.
Smoke rose from his nostrils;
consuming fire came from his mouth,
burning coals blazed out of it.
He parted the heavens and came down;
dark clouds were under his feet.
He mounted the cherubim and flew;
he soared on the wings of the wind.
He made darkness his covering, his canopy around him the dark rain clouds of the sky.
Out of the brightness of his presence clouds advanced,
with hailstones and bolts of lightning.
The Lord thundered from the heaven;
the voice of the Most High resounded.
He shot his arrows and scattered the enemies,
great bolts of lightning and routed them.
The valleys of the sea were exposed
and the foundations of the earth laid bare at your rebuke O Lord,

at the blast of breath from your nostrils.”

In the above scene….as the wind thundered, the earth shook, lightning flashed and arrows soared….as God flew on the back of a mighty angel, no less, we were rescued! The Lord did not hesitate.  He moved quickly.  He called Nature and a Guardian into his immediate command and flew.  He didn't ponder....or consider.  He moved into action for His loved one.  Verse 16 will read as our last chance of survival if we acknowledge our own powerlessness in this drowning world:
“He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters”.
Verses 17-19:  “He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, who were too strong for me.  They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support.  He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me”. 

 Why such a bold rescue???  Because He delighted in me!  With the cinema as it is today I can envision this scene on the big screen.  It is epic my friend!  There is nothing like it when the mightiest of the mighty saves the day.  Psalm 18 is written about just this character.  Not as in the “main character”…but as in the character of The Almighty God.  This is the God to whom we pray; the God to whom we give our daily thanks; the God to whom we go to church to ponder.  While there do we ponder the power of this mighty warrior referenced in the above scripture?  

THIS is the God we serve: The God who knows our where-abouts and can control the elements, part the heavens and fly on the back of a guardian angel, a cherubim, to swoop down and draw us out of deep waters.   Deep waters?  Deep trouble, deep anguish, deep pain, deep fear, deep hurt, deep emotion, deep despair, deep depression, deep loss, deep waters….the depths of hell my friend.  He’s real…let’s admit it.  He is powerful…let’s be aware of it.  He is in control… let’s surrender to that….for even the forces of hell agree and bow at the mention of his name.
Philippians 2: 9-11
 “Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
 and gave him the name that is above every name,
 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth
 and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father”. 


Song Recommendation:
On My Knees
BY:  Jaci Velasquez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By-8BN316mM

For Jim, who has been drawn out of deep waters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment