"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in it's various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." I Peter 4: 10-11


Dear Reader- This Blog started in February of 2011 and the pages are numbered. Please begin reading on Page One and continue from there. As you move down the path of the pages it is my hope that scripture astounds you and God, Himself, is revealed.

Scripture confirms that if you acknowledge God as God and draw close to His truths He will draw close to you! As you get to know God through scripture you will begin to see Him work in your life AND hear Him speak to your heart. It is not an audible voice but an inner one-that will change your life on earth...and beyond!

To walk a little deeper each page has a song recommendation that deepens the spiritual lesson. Each song has been specifically chosen and holds a message that should not be missed. If there is not a link to the song on the page, it is recommended that you use iTunes, YouTube or another source to download these songs so that you can move deeper into spiritual truths that the song writers and musicians have creatively written about- for your blessing and God's glory!

Monday, March 7, 2011

God is There...Even in Silence! Page 6

 “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great
and unsearchable things you do not know”. 
Jeremiah 33:3
 One morning, not long ago, I sat in my daughter’s room waiting for her to get dressed for school.  I prayed and asked God to hold onto me because my faith was floundering.  My husband and I had just closed a business and were facing a difficult road ahead.   I felt emotionally weak and uncertain about many things.  I asked that God  hear my prayers- and show me the way.   I needed some guidance-a specific direction…. I needed to hear from Him…yet more than all of this…I needed to know that God was still there, in the middle of our losses.   This day…I needed God to literally tell me the unsearchable things I did not know.  My heart wearily cried out for answers.  We’ve all been there, haven’t we?
When seeking God we have to listen for His voice using scripture and insight; this is called discernment.  When we feel that God is silent and life is difficult—it’s easy to drop into uncertainty…or hopelessness.  Either way, this place can feel deathly quiet.  In this heavy stillness we don’t sense God…there seems to be no connection with Him.  It’s just too quiet.  Here’s the truth of it:  God works in the spiritual realm…and this is not something that we can always sense.  When quietness engulfs us…faith will sustain us.    In the book of Revelation scripture tells us that in God’s Throne Room there are mighty sounds such as rushing waters and peals of thunder.  These sounds are real-yet we do not hear them.  There is a barrier beyond our senses and these heavenly sounds. 
To continue my story…I prayed that morning….and I asked God to draw close to me.  I took just a few moments in spiritual quietness to call out to God.  I asked Him to speak to me through my Daily Devotional in my favorite book Streams in the Desert.  The date was December 7th.  I went and read it after the kids left for school and a profound revelation washed over me.   The AMAZING lesson for that day was this:  “Don’t look for some outward sign or some visual manifestation of God’s promises being fulfilled”.  God works quietly, even silently, in the unseen realm.  Miraculous healing or some extraordinary deliverance can be accomplished with great victory-in absolute silence”.   Amazing!!!  Ok, it bears repeating….”Amazing”!
Did you see what happened???   On that day- I sat in silence- wondering  if God was indeed aware of my needs.   My faith knew that he was…but my heart and my spirit were quiet.  I didn't see any evidence that my problems were being resolved...and I didn't sense God anywhere near me.   I asked God to reach out to me…I needed some reassurance.   I called out to Him and He quickly answered me using a book written many, many years ago.  God went straight to the point…He reached across those pages and reminded me that silent does not mean absent, that He fulfills His promises…and that we should expect the unexpected.   There are victorious events accomplished in silence… out of earshot…out of eye-sight. 
The answer to my problems seemed unsearchable.  I had no idea how or when these issues would be resolved.   I was indeed looking for an outward sign but God’s voice, on those black and white pages, said to look with Spiritual eyes into the realm of the unseen…. that I did not need an outward sign to be confident that my God was taking care of His own.  His voice said “have faith”, “stand firm”, “wait”.   I was reminded of that fact that God is working...even when we don't feel or see it.   He brought my attention to the unsearchable, undisputable fact….that He is there even when He is silent-when our hearts simply cannot feel his presence.  Could His profound answer to me that day have been any more gracious?
 Do we remember to stand firm in our faith and to draw close to God when our hearts are quiet with an emptiness that tugs at us…or do we assume that God is not there…. or that, perhaps we’ve done something wrong,  let down our guard, dropped our shield of faith, that we’ve walked away from Him, or perhaps that we’re undeserving or even unworthy to be in contact with God…. Or that maybe He’s moved away from us?  Please know that  God is ever-present…and is always with us even when He seems silent.  With our eyes, our ears and our hearts… searching for and finding God is as simple as sincerely whispering the word Lord”.      See James 4: 7-10
Our Life Lesson:    Huge events take place in the spiritual realm unbeknownst to us.  Believe that!  Just because we don’t see, hear or sense God does not mean that He is not there!  God’s voice can be heard just as boldly as nature’s voice, as it silently pours forth speech.   Do you see or hear the mighty force of gravity as earth orbits the sun?  This happens beyond the realm of our hearing...but it happens none the less.   This same extraordinary power is available to us through prayer.  The God that commands the universe hears our prayers.  We simply utter the words and “all of heaven comes to attention to fulfill God’s promises”1    We have access to God’s power and love….and with the igniting of our faith God can bring extraordinary deliverance, in absolute silence.   We must simply PRAY and BELIEVE!


Song Recommendation:
Oh My Soul
By:  Casting Crowns

1-Joel Osteen
Book Recommendation:  Streams in the Desert  By:  L.B. Cowman

No comments:

Post a Comment